Perfect Day for Open Homes Tour
The Floating Homes tour on September 14 was an outstanding success. Over 800 people turned out to see 12 unique floating homes on a gorgeous Sausalito day.
We’d like to thank:
- everyone who attended
- the homeowners who opened their doors to an admiring public
- the Tour Committee which put in months of preparation to ensure things went smoothly
- the 200 volunteers who made everything happen on tour day, including those from our non-profit partners, Friends of the Marin City Library and Sausalito Village
- dozens of artists, writers and musicians whose talent showcased our community’s creativity
- our sponsors, food vendors and suppliers who provided refreshments and relaxation for our visitors and volunteers alike
Our next open homes tour will be in two years, during the fall of 2021. Check back here in the spring of that year for more details. Next fall Artists @ Issaquah will return.
Meanwhile, we also offer private tours for parties of 40 or less. Click on the orange link or leave a message at 415-332-1916 for more information.
Larry Clinton and Barbara Rycersky
2019 FHA Tour Co-Chairs
Photos of previous tours can be viewed on Facebook.
The Floating Homes Tour is sponsored by the Floating Homes Association, a non-profit volunteer organization representing the owners and residents of floating homes within five Sausalito marinas. Additional information may be requested by leaving a voice message with the Floating Homes Association: (415) 332-1916.
- BRING A WATER BOTTLE. You can refill it during the tour.
- Homes are open at 11:00am and close at 4:00pm. Open docks and open homes are indicated with colorful flags.
- You will receive a colored wristband when you check in at the registration desk. This is your ticket to enter any of the open homes, so keep it safe.
- For your convenience, PARKING will be provided offsite. Free shuttle buses will transport you to a central staging area, where all the open homes will be in easy walking distance. There is no tour parking in the Floating Homes Community. Parking instructions will be emailed to each advanced registrant.
- There is no smoking allowed on any of the docks.
- Please do not bring food or drinks into houseboats.
- Dogs are not allowed on the tour.
- Use caution when walking along the docks and especially when moving on and off each home.
- We recommend wearing comfortable, slip-on shoes. High heeled shoes are not advisable. The tour does involve a bit of walking!
- We do not encourage the participation of children, but if you bring children along, remember they are your responsibility. Keep a close eye on them at all times.
- Port-a-potties are provided for your convenience. Their locations are shown on a map in the self-guided tour booklet you will receive when you arrive. Please don’t ask docents or homeowners to use their facilities.
- We want you to have a safe and enjoyable day. If you have any questions, problems or need any type of assistance, simply ask any one of the 200 volunteers on the tour.